View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 09:03
Default Re: Skinny headbands

Every single Joann store carries these. They come on a stalk with 5-7 of the size you want and about 10 teeny ones that are good for nothing and I throw away. Of course, try to get the stem with as many of the larger (1") size as possible. I think the most I've ever found on one stem is eight.
They come in pink, cream, rust, gold/mustard, and wine. These are the main colors, they all have hints of other colors too.
They're not easy to find but they're in the part where all of the stems are arranged by color so just keep your eyes peeled.
I think full price is $4.99 or so but you can use a coupon as long as they're not on sale or they're often on sale for buy one get one 1/2 price
There are two etsy sellers (at least) who carry the 1/8" elastic in various colors. One is ElasticByTheYard and the other one, I can't think of right now but if you do a search under "supplies" in the drop down box and put in 1/8 skinny elastic, both shops will come up.
There's also no reason to sew. Just use Fabric-Tac and overlap the two edges. Hold it in place of about 60 seconds while it firms up. Set aside the headband. Cut a felt circle slightly smaller than the flower. Using your hot glue gun , put a dab of hot glue in the middle of the felt circle. Lay the elastic on top of the glue (where the two edges are overlapped. The put tiny dabs of glue all around the felt circle, lay the flower (no need to take it apart, just cut if off so there's almost no stem left at all), then turn it over and press the edges of the circle all around the under side of the flower.
That's it! I've heard a rumor that they're available online somewhere but for the life of me, I can't find them. However, I am going to Joann tomorrow so I'll see if there's a website or sku # or the company who makes them or something that'll tell me where to order them online. Although I'm at Joann every week anyway so it probably all works out. Hope this helped!