View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 11:37
Default Re: what do ya think??

Originally Posted by Lilysmomma View Post
yeah i told her 4 for it and that was when she was just buying one. and it was durring my comment game so she kinda caught me off gaurd since i hadnt listed this bow/size & i just had 2 of these sitting here and i wanted to see what the ladies thought of them so now i think i scewed i guess i could just tell her $4 is the sale price and normally they will be $5.
it started out that she was going to meet me to pick up just one and take it back to show the dance group and then she ended up tagging it to all the ladies & now she has the 12 orders for them....

i feel my prices are way way cheap anyways and then i know she will want me to drive the 11 miles to meet her which i did last time & will only go if i have to get groceries or something. but damn im not going to make anything off this.
If it was during your comment game, you could always tell her the things you sell during the games are already at a discounted price. I would tell her normal price is $6 rather than $5 because like you said, your prices ARE super cheap. I'm very bad myself when it comes to pricing and always think people will think I'm trying to pay my mortgage with the price of one bow (not literally, obviously!) so I never charge enough. Lately though I have been finding my time is very valuable and it needs to be accounted for. So stop undercutting yourself.

Originally Posted by Lilysmomma View Post
i think ill just tell her that its $4 each for 20 bows and ill meet her to get them so shes saving shipping if she goes 21+ bows ill do $3.75 a bow... i already told her i price low and i really cant do to much of a discount. =( i mean thats quite a bit of ribbon and its not really that cheap.
Thinking more about it, I wouldn't go any higher than a 15% discount unless she (or anyone) orders 60 bows or more. Maybe something like
1-19, 5% discount
20-39, 10%
40-59, 15%
60+, 20%

Maybe someone else can add their thoughts on the discount thing.... Definitely have a policy in place that way everyone is treated equal and you don't forget that your time is valuable!