View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 09:20
Default Newborn Photography Opinions?

I've been doing a lot of "research" on photography lately, particularly for newborns (gee, I wonder why! ) and I'm looking for some opinions.

I never fully understood how much editing many photographers put into the pictures. And with that, I never really understood how much airbrush type editing was involved. Perfecting skin tones, removing blotches, softening the skin, enhancing the eyes, etc. Many of the professional photographer's blogs that I've read really harshly criticize what I'd consider to be more natural newborn photos. As in, they may show birth marks, redness in the skin (or yellow, since so many babies are jaundiced), dry skin, & so on.

So what I'm wondering is if it's undesirable to have raw, or not overly edited, pictures of newborns when it comes to product photography. And I guess for personal photography, too. I don't have the time or interest to learn how to use Photoshop to achieve the looks that seem to be in for photography right now. But I'm curious if I'm taking pictures of a baby for products if people would be turned off if they aren't "perfect".

P.S. I would post links to examples, but I don't have any of my own & I don't really want to post anyone else's work.
Sponsored Links