View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 11:26
Default Re: Advice on Cheer Bows - Best tut, angle to attach barrette, size etc.

Originally Posted by View Post
Hi Ladies - I would like to try making cheer bows and thought I'd ask your advice on : 1) the best tutorial 2) normal sizing (width and tail length) 3) what type and size of barrette or pony o to use 4) If you need to attach them to the barrett at an angle - or how you get them to stand up the way they do 5) Any other tips you think might be helpful. An enormous thank you to anyone who responds - thanks for your time and help!!!

1. Best Tutorial is No Bow No Go
2. 7" or 8" across with 6" tails
3. Definately use a pony o. No metal is allowed on most competitive cheer squads.
4. To get a cheer bow to stand up, you need to place the ponytail of the cheerleader in the center of her head. (she will look like a unicorn)
5. There are lots of great tips within in this forum. Run a search under cheer bows, sequin ribbon, cheer bow care, etc. It should pull up a bunch of great information.

When all else fails, ask one of the lovely ladies on the forum. We are all here to help! GOOD LUCK!

"Saving the world from pitiful looking cheer bows one cheerleader at a time!"

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz