Originally Posted by Brigitte@cox.net
Hi Ladies - I would like to try making cheer bows and thought I'd ask your advice on : 1) the best tutorial 2) normal sizing (width and tail length) 3) what type and size of barrette or pony o to use 4) If you need to attach them to the barrett at an angle - or how you get them to stand up the way they do 5) Any other tips you think might be helpful. An enormous thank you to anyone who responds - thanks for your time and help!!!
1. Best Tutorial is No Bow No Go
2. 7" or 8" across with 6" tails
3. Definately use a pony o. No metal is allowed on most competitive cheer squads.
4. To get a cheer bow to stand up, you need to place the ponytail of the cheerleader in the center of her head. (she will look like a unicorn)
5. There are lots of great tips within in this forum. Run a search under cheer bows, sequin ribbon, cheer bow care, etc. It should pull up a bunch of great information.
When all else fails, ask one of the lovely ladies on the forum. We are all here to help! GOOD LUCK!