View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 12:55
Default Re: Omg! What do i do?!?

Originally Posted by amberry View Post
I personally, speaking as an "allergic to and never been a cat owner" would try to dump the entire box, or anything that had been exposed to the urine into the washing machine with Oxy wash on hot, air dry and starch and reshape. Anything that doesn't make it through the wash is trash, anything that makes it belongs to my daughter. I would certainly not try to sell anything, as that would put your professional reputation on the line, but since you are pretty much considering them trash anyway, why not give it a try.

Besides, I would be interested in how well that my bows hold up through the wash anyway and if nothing more it gives you an educated idea of how they will fare.

I guess that's what I was thinking.

If she's planning on writing them off, so to speak, anyway then she might as well find out how well they hold up in the wash. At least then she might be able to tell her customers that if the unthinkable happens to one of her bows that they buy that they might be able to salvage it.

But I would strongly recommend using a pet urine enzyme. I know they don't necessarily work well for spot treating but I think it would work in the wash.

Again, good luck to the OP.