View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 06:02
Default Re: small clippies? DO they exist?

Originally Posted by kelmac View Post
I'm probably not the best person to explain this but you need leverage to open and close a snap clip, a "pressure point" for lack of a better term. If you hide the whole clip under something small, especially something hard, then you can't bend and flex it in order to open or close it.

If it were under something large and soft you might be able to. It would be awkward but you might be able to do it. But that's not the question here.

The OP wants something small enough to hide under a center.

I think even something like a mini alli might be problematic. I don't know how you'd get at the hinge end to operate it. And if it's small enough to fit under something like a bottle cap I don't know that the jaws would open wide enough to "clear" the edge of the cap in order to be able to catch onto something.

But I hope the OP gives it a try and reports back because she may find a way to make it work or have a sudden inspiration and think of something else.
If you glue the flat part of the mini alligator to the bottom of the resin, or a flattened bottle cap, you can "hide" the clip under the embellishment. See the scotty dog I made for an example. The clip virtually disappears under the resin, specially on a black bow.