View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 09:01
Default Re: Please help me!!!

Originally Posted by mdbennett04 View Post
The pics are of hydrangeas that I tried to make... I dont know what im doing wrong, I rotate the petals so they dont overlap and the right side will look good and the left side yall think I need better flowers? I would like the hydrangeas with 4 petals but I dont know where to get them

Are you randomly grabbing petals and using them or are you picking and choosing - I suggest the latter... While i'm making my hydrangeas, I literally sit there and make sure that I am grabber specific sizes, shapes, etc and have them match if I'm doing a set of something... Also - you really have to eyeball it - sometimes you don't place them center directly on center. because hydrangeas petals are kind of lopsided, to get an "even look" you may have to place them a bit OFF center....

As for rannies - I do NOT take off the plastic inserts for the layers - and rannies look better (IMO) staggered only slightly - not blatantly this petal here, and there and the next one in the middle of it... I say stagger each layer just a bit off from the last - I hope that makes since... I'm attaching some photos of things I've done - so *maybe* you can see what I am talking about!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deep Red Rannie Clip1.jpg (46.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Olive Green Rannie Clip2.jpg (56.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Flower Clip Lot .jpg (47.6 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Dk Blue Skinny HB-CU.jpg (44.2 KB, 34 views)
I am who I am, I say what I mean, I mean what I say, I'm a great friend, and a formiddable opponent. Make a friend of me - I'll be one for life!