View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 09:21
Default Re: Tutu waist size...

Originally Posted by khofkamp View Post
I will just post here for all!

I cut my strips of tulle about 2.5"-3" longer than need be, so if I am making a 12 inch tutu, I cut them 26.5-27 inches. I layer 3pcs of tulle on top of each other and fold in half. I sew straight across the strip about 1" down from the top.

After I have sewn all the strips, I string all of them onto the elastic, then sew the elastic.

I suppose you could sew them all directly onto the elastic(I dont mean so that they are attached to the elastic, but around the elastic ), but it would get challenging toward the end when the tutu is getting full (this is how I actually tried in the beginning). I could not find a tut. I liked either, so I just took bits and pcs from different ones until I came up with something I liked.

I will edit this in a minute to add a picture, but they look just like the tied ones I think. I tried tying and could not get it to look the way I wanted

that was just a quick guide, if I missed something just let me know

UGH! I just switched computers and hooked the camera to get pics off of it. They are GONE! So this is the only pic I have right now and it doesnt show the waist
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tutu and layered boutique bow.jpg (34.8 KB, 43 views)