View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 02:56
Default Re: Cheer Bows Overload II ***Picture heavy!***

Originally Posted by KSC_Cheer View Post
Did the OP make the briefs too?
I sure did, that's how the spankies and the bows match exactly. You won't find that flame pattern in a catalog.
It took a zillion searches, combing through books at JoAnn, Hancock, and HL to find patterns. Finally gave up and tore apart a pair of spankies I had at home. Then, I needed more 3/8" elastic than my local JoAnn's had, plus you can always find a deal online so I searched for bulk elastic. FINALLY came upon a site that only sells elastic and notions for underwear, swimsuits and exercise type clothing. CHA-CHING! was I excited. found a couple patterns for adult and children's swim wear that was impossible for me to find elsewhere. The pair pictured are an original pair I had sewn from a butcher-paper pattern made from my daughter's spankies, which were good and would have worked, but the swimsuit pattern spankies were only two pieces instead of four, so less cutting and less sewing time. I made 24 sets, assembly-line style, with my serger set up at one end of our dining table, and my "regular" machine at the other.

Hope I'm not talking too much, I suppose a simple "Yes" would have worked here...