View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 12:14
Default Re: funky bow tutorial!

Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
You all be nice!!!
Before you all got here there were tuts that were free and tuts that you paid for. Many of the same projects. We are all here to help each other but at the same time there are people who will go out of their way to make a good tut. It is perfectly okay for them to charge you for it. There is nothing wrong with it. It is YOUR responsibility to SEARCH on here for the free stuff if you chose not to buy any of these tuts. It has always been this way and will always continue to be this way.

You have that CHOICE to buy or not buy. Ragging someone for making a tut to sell is not nice. That was their choice.

I did have a problem with someone posting a link to the other thread as this is a perfect example of hijacking a thread and found it to be disrespectful. To this particular poster: It was not right to that. *on a side note I am working on a thread with paid tuts that I will be listing here pretty soon and your paid for tut will be on there as it is worth buying* I am not mad at you I just thougth the link was uncalled for.

Now....let her sell her tut. If you don't want to buy it, don't. If you want to, then go for it. If you want to wait and see what others have to say about it, then you are smart. That is just the way it goes.

A yr or two ago we were all into the "firecracker bow". Everyone wanted to figure it out. We had a discussion about it (just like this loopy bow). Then someone came up with a paid for tut (just like the OP on here). Nobody complained. We either bought it or we didn't. It really wasn't something to get all worked up about. nice and let's drop this.
Ronnie, I think what some of us are having a problem with is that we're unsure as to whether or not this really is *her* tut.

It seems many of us see it as a compilation of information that was given freely by others. Essentially, the tut was already written in the other thread.

To collect that information and charge for it creates an ethical problem. She herself didn't know how to make the bow before learning how in that thread.