View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 01:43
Default Re: funky bow tutorial!

Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
The questions were perfectly fine. You should ask all the questions you need to before you buy. I know I did. I was talking more about the questioning why she would make a pay for tut when there was one already for free and the posters hijacking her thread by posting free tut links. This is her thread and she is trying to sell something. Posting the free tut link was uncalled for and should have been posted on a separate thread.

If people want something for free they need to learn how to search. I am the first to be willing to help anyone out if they need help with something and if I find a site that will help I will post it. I know of many free tuts for what she is trying to sell but I will not come on here and posts links to them because it is not showing respect towards the original postes. This is very similar to someone coming onto to your fan page and posting for everyone to go check out their cheaper stuff on their site and drawing customers away from that business. Be nice and think....if someone did that to you how would you feel?
I understand your point, however this forum is to help people out. Not to take everyone's money. I would understand if she did her research, found the thread where someone figured out how to make it, and then made a tut for it. That way the old thread isn't brought back up to the surface (since it drives people so crazy for whatever reason) and she can sell her tut to the newbies who haven't done their research. I am still quite new, but I have done so much research it's not even funny. I have so many pages bookmarked, tons of tuts I found for free and some that I paid for. The OP specifically said her "funky bow" wasn't like the "funky loop bow". It is the SAME bow. In her tut, there is a picture that shows her making a loop and gluing in the center with the marabou. How is that different than the funky loop bow?? And she posted numerous times in that thread so she really was stepping on the toes of the person who posted the pictures. This is just like that thread with the scarf everyone was trying to figure out. I believe it was JackiSG that figured it out and then someone said they were going to make a tut out of it. How is that fair? JackiSG was giving FREE HELP and the other girl took that free help and made money off of it. This is also no different than the whole ribbon snowflake fiasco! What am I not getting here?? Are we not here to help each other out??