View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 10:54
Default Re: For those of you that make Bottlecaps...Suggestion...

Originally Posted by Amy.BottlecapsNBows View Post
To those of you that have received these "melted" together bottlecaps, do you have any idea what kind of resin the person who made them is using? When I first started making bottlecaps I tried many different types of glazes/resins and I had no luck with any of them. No matter how long I let them dry it never seemed to get hard enough. I would let them sit for days and you could still get a finger imprint smudge or whatever. Very frustrating! Then I finally found the ET lite that I had heard everyone talking about. The resin dries to a very clear shiny hard surface and it should not melt or stick or do any of those things you all are describing. It's definitely a lot trickier to work with than some of the other resins, but I think it's definitely worth it! The caps turn out so much better! The shine lasts forever. And I have never had a problem with them sticking together (as long as you let them dry thoroughly!) I would just suggest next time when ordering caps find out what they are using to seal them
I agree with amy, I sell tons of caps and usually when I ship them i put 2 to a bag and then I take a piece of cardboard and tape the bag flat to the cardboard. I use ET Lite and have never had a problem. I also have done grab bags and just thrown them in a bag and they are delivered fine. I think it has more to do with the fact they are using a glaze and not resin. Or the caps are not fully cured or the mix wasn't exactly the way it should be.

ET Lite or Colores are about the only 2 I know of that will dry to a glass like finish.

Also there is a difference in print quality, I can tell a difference from Sam's to Walgreens. I mostly use Walgreens or Arts Cow has really great quality prints as well.

HTH, Becky
Sponsored Links