View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 09:10
Default Re: Homemade bow templates

Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
I, as well as many others, couldn't make a twisted boutique bow WITHOUT my No Bow No Go Templates! I bought the Brilliant Bowmaker templates, but I'm not that thrilled with the method from reading through it (haven't opened and tried it yet). I bought the BBM to see what it was like, but have been so busy filling orders, I haven't had the time to try it, yet. Besides, there's no rush, my NBNG templates are definitely all I need...

ETA: Tyeesha wrote posted this over a year ago...I think she might've found a method that works for her by now...
Although I don't own NBNG, I watched their Youtube video for the twisted b.b. The problem I have with it is when you take it off the template. You stick a pin through the center and spread it out to make the front X and the back parallel lines yourself. I have a big problem doing that myself. The great thing about the BBM is that it does the X and the back parallel lines for you. You even permanently secure (I make 2 dots with a wood burning tool) the whole shape BEFORE you take it off the template. Absolutely no need to reshape or fluff. So is the video really how it's used? And of course, there are die-hard fans of each. Tyeesha might have just given up on the twisted. I know I gave up after a year of trying several times. And Tyeesha might be subscribing to this thread like I am.