View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 03:03

Default Re: How much to charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmommy27 View Post
yeah these are three color ribbon, a 1 1/2 inch piece, a inch and then maybe a 7/8 inch. two loops with two tails, v cut at the end. attached to a pony
Just a suggestion when making cheer bows. I normally use a 2 1/4" base ribbon at minimum.

If the cheer gym you are working with is telling you that 1 1/2" base is what they want, then you have no other choice. It is my opinion though if you are going to do a three layer grosgrain bow, I would start with 2 1/4" base, 1 1/2" middle layer and a 5/8" top layer. Once done, it looks like braiding on a uniform. I put in a pic just to show you what I mean.

Using similar widths of ribbon does not allow for a lot of the colors to show through when doing a tails down bow. The sequin work I charge extra for, but all the layers in the bow are made with grosgrain and in the sizes I gave you above.

Good luck! I hope that helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jr Pee Wee.jpg (37.5 KB, 28 views)
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.