View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 08:19
Default Re: sculpture clippies

Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
I searched tinkerbell tut and didn't find anything. Do you remember what it was under? Ijust bought the cheerleader tut from NBNG, but I like the hair on your ballerina's better. Just trying to figure out how to do that. I'm sure its something I can figure out if I play with it.
You can find the tut here with some other adorable princesses just look though the pages. The main pages are listed in red, however make sure to look before and after to make sure you have gotten all of the photo's needed for the tut.

She does not give pictures of the hair but the lengths are there.

2" Yellow for side hair 1" Yellow for front hair 1" Yellow for bun

Then you take the 1" piece for the front hair cut it at an angel to give an illusion of bangs. Second you take the 1" piece for the bun and put glue on one side and form a circle. Then it is time to assemble it. Place the front hair piece first like she says in the tut from front to back. Place the bun circle where you want it. My only addition to the tut is that when you place the final 2" piece for the side hair that you put a dot of glue under the bun and place it at a slight angel. wrap the piece around and place the second end at a slight angel going the opposite direction onto of the first piece so that when you look at it it kind of looks like a V on the back of the neck. This will let everything lay smoother. If it sounds confusion I can post pics later. Just let me know if you need them.

Make sure that all ribbon ends are sealed. You can them place dots of glue where you need them to hold everything down. My daughter has worn hers nonstop and it is holding out really good.

Originally Posted by bcarson View Post
What is an E6000? Is that a glue gun, or a type of glue in the bottle.

Those ballerinas were really good! I don't think my "first" ones will even be displayable! lOL!
E6000 is a glue you can find with the other adhesives at HL or even Wallmart. it is in a tube that kinda looks like toothpaste.

And thank you, I don't know how displayable they are, but I like to take pictures for myself that way I can refer to them if I ever make it again or if I just want to check on my progress. Each one was made differently, and I even went back and cut the arms on 2 of them shorter after taking the pic but. Like I said I was giving them away and it was fun to learn something new.