View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 02:32

Default Can we talk diaper cakes?

I'm attempting to make a couple of diaper cakes, if for nothing else to add a little something different and interest to my display space. I've watched a few youtube videos and understand the basics of doing it. I was doing the rolled diaper method with rubber bands. One video I watched after he had the layer put together (yes, i said he. lol), he retied around it with string and removed all the rubber bands off the individual diapers. Is this how everyone does it? I just assumed all the rubber bands would stay on.

Also for packaging, I found some plain round cardboard cake separators at walmart, but they are brown around the edge. Is there a better place to find the round cardboard to put the "cake" on? I've seen pictures of of other cakes with a scalloped board underneath. I looked at Hobby Lobby one time as well, and can't remember if they had anything different. And lastly, to wrap it I was wanting to use cellophane. I didn't find any at walmart, but I looked at Hobby Lobby the last time I was in the city and couldn't decide what it was I needed. They had the shrink wrap kind, but I don't want to shrink wrap it, just gather and tie it with a big bow. They had some other cellophane with the wrapping paper, but it was really thin. There was a roll open and it was already ripped. I want some that is more substantial. Do you just buy the shrink wrap type and just gather it? I thought maybe it was thicker. Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.