View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 08:13
Default Re: College Cheer Bows...HELP!

Originally Posted by BriaBows View Post
I have a few questions....

1. Can I hotfix rhinestones onto the ribbon and will it stay well?
2. Do I have to buy the sequin fabric and bond it to the ribbon or how do I do it?
3. Do you think korkers would look good with the bow?
Hey BB,
Hotfix should stay well without a problem if done correctly and stored properly, but you may have better luck with the sequin fabric, it can be seen from a distance better while rhinestones may just look like tiny dots or not be seen at all.
Your best bet is to use heatnbond to bond the fabric to the ribbon. apply heat n bond, cut with rotary cutter to width of ribbon minus 1/16th to 1/8th, then bond to ribbon. It serves two purposes: good solid bond to ribbon plus stiffens bow so it doesn't look floppy and will hold up to tumbling and stunts.
Korkers.....I wouldn't if I were you, they are normally used for little girls, and most high school aged girls wouldn't be caught dead in them, I'd assume college is the same. You want a nice, crisp bow with tight lines, meaning evenly cut tails and no floppy loops.

I added a couple pics at the bottom, for a couple of half orange/half blue? or a split of both? or blue ribbon with silver sequin layer with orange ribbon on top? or 2.25" blue grossgrain with 7/8" orange ribbon or sequin layer--not centered but layered at the uppermost edge of the blue ribbon? just brainstorming! I'm tired of making spankies today, can you tell??? LOL
Good luck, I hope they like your bows!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 078.jpg (43.1 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg 079.jpg (48.3 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by Blkhawkfan; 09-17-2010 at 08:23.