View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 08:06

Default Excess Resin around Bottle Caps?

Hi All
I made my first bottle caps last night and I am soooooo excited, they are clear as day and no bubbles! I used the envirotex light from Michaels and it was easy peesy! I was procrastinating it forever even though I had all the materials because I was worried it would be a huge messy project buy I made 20 in 10 minutes or so. My only problem is I put the caps ontop of a cutting board covered in wax paper (so I wouldnt destroy the cutting board and could move them everywhere if they got in the way) I think it was on here that I read about the idea but I searched and couldnt find the thread so if it was yours it was great! no mess

The thing is I poured the resin onto the caps spread it out, and now the resin dripped down off the sides its soft enough that I can just cut the excess off with scissors but is this normal? Am I using to much resin? The caps have circles of resin all the way around them.... once I cut it off it looks ok but i've never heard of this happening and I read a ton of TUT's.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.