Thread: bottlecaps
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 03:36
Default Re: bottlecaps

Originally Posted by mistymr View Post
Here's what I use to make my bottlecaps-
Bottlecaps- I buy from destashes or group buys, if you don't want to wait that long look for some on etsy or ebay, also good if you don't want to buy a lot til you know you like to do them
I print the images off at walmart- 19 cents a sheet, plus tax
I bought the template for the images for $5 and make my own images, but I started with ones out of the free cycle section- gotta love HG
Then I punch them out with a one inch hole punch from the scrapbook section, not sure how much it cost cause I borrowed mine from a friend. If I had to guess I'd say about $10 unless it's on sale or you have a coupon
Them I glue them to the bottlecap with Modge Podge- I think about $4 or $5 without sale or coupon
Them I put EX Lite over the image (after the glue dries of course) which is $10.99 for the small box at Hobby Lobby, but I always use my coupon and I get like 600 hundreds of caps out of the one small thing, probably more but I haven't really counted.
Extra things you may need would be a measure cup for the resin ( I think you can get them from Sally Beauty for 99 cents each, you might want one for measuring the resin and another one for measuring the hardner). I use syringes from a friend who is a nurse. Also I use glitter Modge Podge on some of my girly images- I got mine on clearance for $2.50. You'll need little containers for mixing the resin in, I use little plastic togo cups from my job in a restaurant. Popcycle sticks for mixing. I use the really cheap kids paint brushes to put my Modge Pogde on with when I glue the images. I also put wax paper or newspaper down over my work area and you'll want a box to cover them until the resin cures enough so you don't get dust or hair in them. Oh yeah, I also have a lighter to pop bubbles in the resin. If I think of anything else I'll add it. I hope this helps
WOW! Seems pricy to make them yourself unless you have coupons...can you buy the resin and modge podge or anyhing at wal mart? we dont have hobby lobby michaels or jo-anns here