View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 09:55

Default Tips on painting initial bow holders?

I am wanting to do initial bow holders and name bow holders on a custom made basis. I live too far away from stores that sell the letters and I don't want to stock up a bunch of letters that I may never use. I was going to use round wooden plaques for the initial ones and rectangle plaques for full names. Does anyone have any tips on making the letters look nice and neat? I like the looks of ones like these:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/55483231...ref=v1_other_1
I don't think I can freehand the letters and make it look nice. I'm afraid if I used a stencil and drew it on with a pencil that my pencil line will show through the paint. I made a stencil last night and traced it onto scrapbook paper and was going to modge podge it onto my painted plaque. Is there an easier way to do it? I wish I had a machine that would cut my letters.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.