View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 04:24
Default Re: Tulle for Tutu Bow Holder

Originally Posted by Aeonix View Post
I hot glue mine on, I don't tie it. I fold it accordion style like you would a paper fan, and then smoosh it down, but you have to give the glue a few seconds to cool down because it is incredibly hot. I then push it down so all the layers are being held down by the glue, although I usually end up sort of tapping it because it's still hot

And to get it even, I first wrap it around a spare piece of foam core I had cut to the right length, and then cut one end so I have 24" strips that are all the same, and double them over so I'm gluing 12" strips lengthwise, does that make sense? I just line it all up as closely as possible, and trim the ends if there are any stragglers.

I have been considering making a video tutorial but I know how new I am to all of this so wasn't sure if anyone would want one from me (free though for the same reason!).

Hope I've helped and not made you more confused!
If you are still considering a tutorial that would be great! I have been making these for a while now. I love the way I finish the bodice, but I still have not found a way to finish the bottom that I am happy with! Mine always turn out uneven and become tangled really easily!