View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 11:31
Default Re: Which dies cut felt best? Help!

Originally Posted by jilibeanw View Post
Hi Everyone! I just got the Sizzix BigKick to cut out felt flowers. I only have one regular sizzix die so far & I love it! Since I'm hooked now, I've been looking online to order different shaped flower dies. There are SO many out there & I'm a little overwhelmed. Which ones do you guys prefer? I've searched thru threads & someone posted that Sizzlets don't work & Cuttlebugs work great. What about the larger Spellbinders or QuicKutz? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Also, has anyone tried fusing fabric to felt to make flowers? Do you iron it on to the fabric 1st, then cut it & then iron that one on to the felt?

Thanks again!
I have a Sizzix Big Shot (basically same as yours - and absolutely love it). I've used, and liked, the Sizzix Originals & Spellbinders dies to cut felt. I have also successfully used the Sizzix Sizzlets to cut a sheet of felt. Yes, it worked. The only thing was that some of the edges of the die cut came out slightly fuzzy (not as crisp and clean as using other dies), so I just lightly trimmed with scissors where needed. Piece of cake. I've also cut fabric that I had ironed/fused onto a stabilizer (left as is - didn't fuse onto felt after that) - worked great!

A variety of dies will work with your machine. Have fun! I know I am

I wanted to clarify that I cut one sheet of felt at a time, so remember that when reading about my experience

Last edited by Krysia; 09-01-2010 at 11:34.