Thread: Dyeing ribbon
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 10:31
Default Re: Dyeing ribbon

I hope you have good luck with dyeing the ribbon! I forgot to mention that you can add water to the DyeNaFlow paints to about 25%. I would do that if I wanted to use them as a tie dye on a fabric other than cotton. They also are non-toxic, where most of the other dyes use chemicals. I looked at my catalog, and it looks like there are 3 greens and a teal color. Maybe some testing of mixed amounts on a small piece of ribbon would help. (maybe use an eye dropper and count how many drops of each color, then you can see what ratio looks closest to the color you are looking for) I'm still trying to think of an easier way for you. I would just mix some up myself and try it out for you with what I have, but I am in the process of moving into a new house (where I actually have a craft room-yay!) and I know we will be in an upheaval for several weeks. If I think of something else, I'll let you know. If you give it a try, feel free to ask me if you have any questions about dyeing though. Once I get settled in, if I have any luck with the DRR, I may try to post a picture. If it works, I'm thinking there could be some pretty cool effects with it!