View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 02:40
Default Re: Funky loopy tutorial

Originally Posted by masha1999 View Post
Since they are completely different bows, you just have to decide on which one will give you the most benefit for your needs. The directions are both well done as far as presentation, pictures and clarity.

They are both large poufy type bows, but can be made smaller as well. The Raggie Bow can be a lot of work with cutting strips if you use fabric. A lot of people make the firecracker bow with ribbon to get a similar effect. The funky loopy needs a lot more choice of color and variety in it to get the full potential. If you don't want to have to decide on a ton of colors and add ons, then that might be a lot of work for you.

In short, my answer is that it just depends on what you think will work best for your situation.

Around here big is not in, so I make smaller versions.

Good luck!
I agree with this for the most part, but they're both BIG bows. I have both tuts as well, and I cut them both down because I'm not much on the big bows either. And I think there is a lot of before work for both of them, just to get ready to make the bow. But I like the results of both too.