Thread: BBM vs. TNT
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 12:17
Default Re: BBM vs. TNT

Originally Posted by brynneybelle View Post
I haven't used the TNT, so I can't speak to them. But, I have the BBM, and I LOVE it. Like you, I was confused about which one to buy, and I did a LOT of research back through old posts on this very subject. The biggest factor in my decision was my struggle with the twisted bows. I just could not make those bows! lol I watched the instructional videos from both TNT and BBM for the twisteds, and, at least to me, it didn't seem that the TNT actually helped you get it 'twisted.' It helped with the fold, and hold it in place, but you still had to really work with it to get it twisted. Again, I haven't tried them myself, so take that opinion for what it's worth!! lol The BBM, the twisted bows were folded completely different, and there was no 'twisting' involved----they came right off the template in exactly the right shape. From what I've read, it seems most people feel like the TNT allows you to make a wider variety of sizes than the BBM, but it seemed almost unanimous that the BBM was the clear winner for making the twisted bow. I saw many people suggest buying the full set from TNT, and just the twisted template from BBM. I didn't want to mess with buying and learning two different sets of templates though, and like a previous poster said, you also get the surround loops template with the BBM. So, I bought the BBM Ultimate Kit, and I am thrilled with it. I do wish that there were a few more templates for a wider range of sizes, but now that I understand the folds better (because of practice with the templates) I have found that I am able to make the smaller sizes without a template and they come out pretty well. So, I guess I would say you need to decide what your ultimate goal is when choosing a set of templates. Do you want to make a large variety of sizes on the templates, or are you struggling with a particular type of bow? I think these are both great products, they just serve different needs. Good luck!!
Thank you so much for this info! I am wanting to be able to perfect basic bows and do twisted bows and the ones will surrounding loops. Size is not as much of an issue for me. I think like you if I get good at it i can make them smaller on my own. Does the BBM do twisted and surrounding loops? Is the ultimate kit the best value? Sorry for the questions and thanks again!