View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 04:55
Default Re: Cheer bow instructions please

Beautiful bows!

Originally Posted by gmcks2001 View Post
My best advice would be to purchase the NBNG instructions. They are the best and lay everything out step by step.

As you go along you will make changes that make it easier for you. Please feel free to send a quick note if you need help. I've made plenty of bows and am always happy to share my tips.

I agree with KSC Cheer's post. 2 1/4" ribbon should be the minimum size for the base layer of bow. Anything smaller looks odd. I too love the 3" ribbon. It is also available in most colors. If you need to make 60, I would suggest ordering your ribbon from Dunwood Booth. The sell it in large spools of 50 yards. Their prices are very competitive and the ship super fast.

I normally use Sy Fabrics for sequined fabric. Here again, their prices are reasonable and they too ship super fast.

I have attached a couple of pics from two of the many teams I did this year. They were finalists at the Eastern Region Championships for Pop Warner. The other is my DD. It gives a closeup of one of the bows. And the last is one I did for another Pop Warner organization might give you an idea of the layering.

Feel free to PM if you need any further help! Good Luck!
Sponsored Links