Thread: Cheer Bows??
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 07:27
Default Re: Cheer Bows??

Originally Posted by shelleylyon View Post
I have looked at that bow and agree with the others. #1 It is four layers. At minimum for a four layer bow I would charge $9.00. #2 it has sequins. That automatically would bump the price to $12.00 for one layer of sequins. #3 you can see the zebra print through the gold metallic. In my opinion, I would replace the gold metallic ribbon with an additional sequin layer to look more consistent with the purple. That would drive the cost of the bow up to at least $14.00.

I have attached a four layer bow that I recently did as a sample for one of my Pop Warner teams. The picture itself is bad as it was taken with my cell phone, but I would charge $14.00 for this bow minimum.

While I think the bow itself is very cute, I cannot imagine that the quality is very good for $4.95. This may sound rude, but I believe if your friend knew the time and work that went into making a quality cheer bow, she would understand that you would have to charge more. When going with mass production companies, most times quality in product and construction is sacrificed.

She may want to ask herself, when the bow falls apart, who will be there to fix it for her at a moments notice. If she answers that question honestly, she may want to go with you for a little more than the $4.95 the other company is asking their bow.

I don't mean to be rude, but honest. I hope that helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BkGl Polka Sequin.jpg (48.9 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by gmcks2001; 07-27-2010 at 07:32. Reason: Paragraph and pic insert.