View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 09:10

Default Re: tutu bowholder question..i've searched for days on here, going through 100s of pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilysmomma View Post
so do you guys go all the way around with your tulle??? i was thinking it was just the front of the bodice... i have some cut out and ready to make im just not sure how to do it....lol and now im getting more confused
I do, but that's because I'm paranoid it won't look right if for whatever reason they looked at the back...I'm weird I know. But I only do one layer on the back.

I just fold it in half lengthwise, so I cut it double what I want the length of the tutu to be. I make mine 24" for a 12" tutu. I then fold it accordion-style, and glue it to the bodice.

In my pictures I didn't put the back on before the tulle, I normally do put the back fabric on first, I think I was just a little distracted thanks to my kids, who will ignore me unless they want something or I want to work on something. In the end it won't even matter because I put ribbon around the waist, but I like to do it the same way each time.

It's honestly not as hard as it might seem, once you have done one you'll see how easy they are, and I love making them!