View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 07:23
Default My "new" headband display for around $8

it is a precut 2" long strip of 4" diameter pvc pipe, covered with low density batting and then over that I used a 200 thread count black pillow case and rolled it around, sewed the back seam, coverd that with ribbon and pulled the excess to the top, twisted it closed, wrapped with ribbon and then made the bow with the flower and VOILA, $8 later a headband holder

I made two of them in about 15 minutes, used the low density batting about 4 thicknesses, just folded it and glued the seam to the pvc and then too eachother, didnt need to be pretty as it was covered.

Used a Queen sized pillow case so I had enough to make the thingy at the top. The best part of this, no hemming, only hand sewn on the back and the ribbon is glued over that so you dont even have to make that purty

I used the white pvc as it was half the cost of the back, the batting is great as it has enough give to "grip" the headbands so they dont slide around, fits all sizes and types of headbands that I have (which is a LOT)

Oh and yes, it stands perfectly on the floor or on my table with my drape over it so it is very easy and convienent

have fun

Last edited by ThreeBlessingsBowtique; 07-14-2010 at 07:27.
Sponsored Links