View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 09:10

Default Polyester is strange

1. I do NOT understand why some ribbon that is 100% polyester seems to work great making korkers, while others just doesn't work.

2. Maybe it's because some that I am using are 1/4 inch or 1/8 inch? Some are shiny while others aren't, some are grosgrain and others aren't? I mean I am making sure I evenly put the starch on before putting them in the oven and have tried to problem solve this with other things.

3. Also, it seem the smaller the ribbon ( meaning 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch) the harder it is to NOT get kinks (meaning the loop turns the other way) when taking them off the dowel.

I think I read that after using the dowels a few times, they should slide off the dowel after being in the oven and cooling, real easy. I'm not finding this with all of them. Some spots seem to stick a little bit usually.

I am making sure I have 100% polyester.

Help please.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.