View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 11:41
Default my Audrey flower, am I using the right fabric?

So I bought the tutorial for Snazziedrawers' Audrey Flower I love it. She recommends a few different types of fabrics to use for this flower. Well, my problem is that Im in Australia & its so hard finding the right fabrics that you all get over there in the US. One of the fabrics she recommended was silk shantung and the closest I found was satin-back shantung Im not sure if it would have been ok but I bought it anyway & made a flower up.
I kind of like it but not sure if its too thick and Im not too sure about the fraying. I know her flowers fray and its the look she goes for but Im scared that my flowers would fray too much. what do you think?

here is the flower I made. I haven't added a centre to it yet but the coin is there so you get an idea how it would look with something there. im thinking either pearl or diamante centre. I made one out of chiffon too for my daughter. I love how it moves around in the wind & how its thin but Snazziedrawers says not to use chiffon. I dont know why. anyone know?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (307.8 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (328.0 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (290.4 KB, 106 views)

Last edited by Natalie76; 07-07-2010 at 12:25.
Sponsored Links