Thread: Loops
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 05:45
Default Re: Loops

Great pics indeed! I would like to add one thing : make sure when you sew your stitches are VERY EVEN otherwise when you draw the thread to gather the center it'd affect the shape of your bow.

Originally Posted by ordi5103 View Post
I tie everything then go back through and sew to make sure they are secure. But, I figured out that the twisted are easier just to sew. Here are the pics. I hope you can understand through my bad

I do the figure 8 and then put it into the salon clip. I pull the loops to a good position....making sure the back is straight and even!!

I start with my needle at the back of the bottom and go through the front and make 3 stitches. I try to space them evenly, but it doesn't always work.

Then, I pull it tight making the valleys. I take the thread and wrap it two or three times around the whole bow. I take my needle down through the middle of the bow.

I arrange the valleys and pull it tighter or loosen it if needed. This is where I straighten it so the top and bottom doesn't curve backward. You can see in the first pic that they are pulled slightly back, and the second pic is straightened.

After all that, I tie the needle off!!...All done!!
Ribbon Sculpture and ROSE Instructions and More
Fan me on Facebook :