View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 12:17
Default So stinkin' proud...but need some help!! (Pics)

Okay, so, my mom has an all school reunion coming up next week. It's a really small town in Northern Montana, and their school mascot used to be a Canadian goose; they were the "Honkers." lol She called me yesterday and had found a white lily at HL, and was wondering if I could somehow add some red to it. She'll be driving a car full of ladies in the parade and wanted them to all have flowers. The lilies she bought were quite expensive, and the more I thought about it, I knew they just wouldn't be right. I was at Walmart last night and found some super cheap red flowers and white flowers. I thought, "what the heck?" I've really never worked with flowers before, but I am SO dang proud of the way these things came out. They were fraying and creased and smooshed, so I really worked with them and heat sealed the edges which caused them to curl. I took them all apart, and restacked them combining a red flower and a white flower. I emailed a pic to my mom this morning, and she LOVED it. But then, the idea struck her to have the center of the flower say 'Honkers' in it. Of course I immediately thought of a bottle cap. I've never done bottle caps before, and didn't have a tutorial, but I opened up my PSP and I think I came up with a pretty good image Here's where I need help from you ladies: Do you think the cap is going to look okay in the center of the flower? The stone I currently have in the center is about 1/2 inch. AND, HOW do I attach the bottle cap to the flower?? Please help---she wants a couple dozen of these by next week!! Thanks for any advice!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bows 006.jpg (39.4 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg bows 008 resized.jpg (46.9 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg bottle caps for printing.jpg (38.8 KB, 163 views)
Sponsored Links