View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 12:17

Default So stinkin' proud...but need some help!! (Pics)

Okay, so, my mom has an all school reunion coming up next week. It's a really small town in Northern Montana, and their school mascot used to be a Canadian goose; they were the "Honkers." lol She called me yesterday and had found a white lily at HL, and was wondering if I could somehow add some red to it. She'll be driving a car full of ladies in the parade and wanted them to all have flowers. The lilies she bought were quite expensive, and the more I thought about it, I knew they just wouldn't be right. I was at Walmart last night and found some super cheap red flowers and white flowers. I thought, "what the heck?" I've really never worked with flowers before, but I am SO dang proud of the way these things came out. They were fraying and creased and smooshed, so I really worked with them and heat sealed the edges which caused them to curl. I took them all apart, and restacked them combining a red flower and a white flower. I emailed a pic to my mom this morning, and she LOVED it. But then, the idea struck her to have the center of the flower say 'Honkers' in it. Of course I immediately thought of a bottle cap. I've never done bottle caps before, and didn't have a tutorial, but I opened up my PSP and I think I came up with a pretty good image Here's where I need help from you ladies: Do you think the cap is going to look okay in the center of the flower? The stone I currently have in the center is about 1/2 inch. AND, HOW do I attach the bottle cap to the flower?? Please help---she wants a couple dozen of these by next week!! Thanks for any advice!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bows 006.jpg (39.4 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg bows 008 resized.jpg (46.9 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg bottle caps for printing.jpg (38.8 KB, 163 views)
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.