View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 12:36
Default Re: Q: Making clips...

I have tried both fully lined and partially lined. To me, it's difficult to get the clip in my dd's hair when it's fully lined. Partially it goes right in, no problems.I liked the look of fully lined better, but you get used to partially lined, and it no longer looks odd to me.

And for the no-slip, I'm using shelf liner atm and it works really well, my niece goes to day care every day with a bow of mine in her hair now, and her mom said they don't come off unless my niece tries pulling them out. My dd wears bows and flowers I've made and I've never had a problem. I don't really like the way it looks, but as I said, it works really well, and for $3 for a HUGE roll, it's definitely one of the cheapest ways to get no-slip!

I tried the silicone from the hardware dept in wal-mart, definitely not the right stuff! I do want to try the aquarium one though, and I plan to try the hold it tape and foam. I'll probably try sticky back foam first, it's the cheapest. I might even try GripZies if all else fails, but I would prefer to find something I can make myself.

I have seen a lot of ladies give their customers the option to have a no-slip or not, and some sell all of theirs with the no-slip. I haven't decided which way to go on that yet either.

And I am just a beginner, so things will be bound to evolve as I get more experience. Good luck to you all!