View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 09:35
Default Re: Don't be jealous cuz my dad's the BOMB DIGGITY!

Originally Posted by karina721 View Post
I can go on and on about this topic. I joke about stuff like Dumb Polack and make fun of it but if you think about it, who leaves their country, goes to another country, doesn't speak the language, teaches themselves the language, establishes a good life for themselves and doesn't rely on anyone's support? Does that sound like a dumb Polack? OK, stepping off of my soapbox!
I wish I had 1/8 of my Tata's brain! I'd be a genius!
Thanks for the wonderful daughter comment. I try to be because they deserve it. They help me out in any way they can and I truly appreciate it!
I totally understand everything you just said. My parents and grandparents come into a new country in the 1960's with nothing but the clothes literally on their backs work for hardly no money, they don't speak a word of english but manage to make enough money to bring the whole family together. I am VERY proud of what my parents and family did. They never relied on anyone for support and did it themselves. They are proud citizens and I'm ashamed to say it but know more about Canada then I do. I take advantage because I was born here. My parents cherish their citizenship. It really bothers me when people make fun of Polish or Italien or any other nationalities because the USA and Canada are a stewing pot full of ethnic people and that's why our countries are great. Okay I can go on but I won't.
P.S. My aunt is Polish and now I want some perogies. Thanks.