| || |
| || |
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alexandria, Louisiana
| | Re: What to use for necklaces?
Originally Posted by Sweetbug
All this info is so help . Thanks girls
Can you tell me what she uses it looks like kind of a needle looking thing hooked to the clasp. It just might be my eyes LOL!!
SORRY BORROW A PICTURE FOR EXAMPLE
- Beads, in your case you are using pearls.
- Beading wire: I use Beadalon: http://www.crystalandglassbeads.com/...-596-large.jpg, but you can use any brand.
- Crimps: I use tornado/twisted crimps because they have a groove in them that dig into the wire. If you use regular crimps you'll need a crimping tool. http://twistedtornadocrimp.com/images/crimpblk_sm.jpg
- Chain nose pliers: http://www.2ndstreetbeads.com/poiew/...se%20plier.jpg
- Clasp of your choice: http://s2.hubimg.com/u/953117_f520.jpg
- Jump rings: I use Snapeez because they are self soldering: http://www.finedings.net/snapeezrings.html
- Regular jump rings are going to eventually open up, but you can also use a regular jump ring that is "closed".
Here is a basic stringing tutorial: http://www.how-to-make-jewelry.com/i...ing-beads.html