View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 07:38
Default Re: military hats...frustration - help!

I'm no expert for sure and I've only done two so for my daughter and one for my granddaughter as birthday gifts (have 8 to sell at my upcoming craft shows but haven't put them together yet). All I did was make a small "loop" (make it large enough to get the clip through and give you enough room for sewing it on to the hat but don't make it too big) out of 3/8" grosgrain ribbon that matched the hat, which I "fused" together using a woodburner or lighter...the woodburner was much easier believe me. Then I decided where the flower clip looked the best and where the ribbon loop needed to be attched to the hat so the flower would end up in that spot. I then sewed the loop to the hat. I only sewed through the very top where I had fused the ribbon...I later decided that I could have glued the ribbon loop to the hat with fabri-tac and I think that would work just fine too and probably been easier...just don't glue the loop together LOL. I made a couple fabric flowers clips for each hat and they both loved them.