View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 09:55
Default Re: tutus am I doing this wrong???

I have just used slip knots with one layer of tulle and haven't had a problem, or any complaints about tulle coming undone from customers. You just really have to make it tight without squeezing the elastic too much if that makes sense. I've been thinking of trying to use a square knot just because it would give me more piece of mind that they really will stay together, but when I've tried I can't get the tulle to lay right with a square knot. I use 1" no roll elastic for my waist also, I cut the elastic about 4 or 5 inches shorter than the waist size I want and really pack the tulle on so that even when you stretch it you don't see the waist band, but it will still stretch for a good fit. Here is a pic of a tutu outfit I recently made for a custom order. I used black felt for the dots. I think if I did a ladybug one again I'd use smaller circles. If you look on my website I have a few other pics of tutus posted, I find the shorter the length the poofier. I like doing a 6" length the best.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ladybugdotstutu.jpg (48.9 KB, 108 views)

Last edited by TinasK; 04-30-2010 at 09:59.