Thread: TuTu Tutorial
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 12:54
Default Re: TuTu Tutorial

Originally Posted by tyeeshawebb View Post
Ya know, I think many people have their own opinions on this matter. And an opinion does not make 1 person right, or 1 person wrong. I guess we all have ways of looking at things. Personally, I think that the whole tutu craze has went too far, which is what Britt was trying to express. "The Original Tutu Mafia"? So what, ya'll gotta freakin gang now? I mean seriously!! This is beyond ridiculous!! As Judy said, many of us can look at a picture and figure things out on our own. I've never bought a tutorial for anything. But, imo, to write a tutorial, then charge the amount she charged is kinda WRONG!!!! Sure, we all look at pics and get ideas, but my goodness, put your own spin on it!! I'm glad she made a butt load of dough, but I think it was went about the wrong way. And as someone mentioned, she "took the high road and chose not to retaliate", I think its even more childish to think that there was anything to retaliate against!! Seriously, everything gets turned into an argument even when it isnt meant to be an argument. Britt and Judy are both great gals, and 2 of my closest bow friends. Neither are trying to be rude or disrespectful, just voicing their opinions. Though it seems when someone does that, ya'll throw stones. JUST CRAZY!!!

Just to let you know the term tutu mafia was started on the Etsy forums a long time ago. I guess some members were irritated about some women who were convoing others and trying to scare and harass them into not selling their products due to their supposed fake copyrights. For some reason there was always a tutu behind the argument. Believe it or not there is some sort of tutu integrity forum going around as well. They are pretty cool and I think are only concerned with their pictures being taken. So ya it is crazy. Some people on Etsy were creating what was called a sock puppet account or a fake account and buying all the stuff out of their stores and not paying. I think that is how the term tutu mafia got started. Long running and sort of funny joke. The sock puppet account that convod me the threats was actually from this forum. Somewhat sad and over the top.
or weesewcute on Facebook