View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 10:29
Default Re: Magic tutu copyright?

Dear Ladies~
I certainly do appreciate this conversation regarding "The Magic Tutu" ~ a term I personally coined & copyrighted about 7 years ago. Originally, The Magic Tutu was a ballet with copyrighted music that I wrote & choreographed for the youngest ballerinas in my ballet school. Following the presentation of the ballet, I used the script from the ballet to compose The Magic Tutu book, which I sell at (not My copyright includes the word "The" and yes, The Magic Tutu is my creation and even has a logo that was drawn by one of my little dancers. A few years ago another woman wanted to use The Magic Tutu as the name of a children's book she was writing but changed the name to "Ava & The Magic Tutu" when she realized the name was already in use. I appreciated that! The Magic Tutu means the world to me, to my little dancers & their parents, to folks in my community and it brings income into our non-profit ballet company ~ Boulder City Ballet Company ~ in a time when grants are sparse and donations are withering. Thank you for you concern regarding my copyright. Integrity, honesty & love are part of what The Magic Tutu represents. You see, it's more than a "tutu" ~ it represents All that is Good and Kind. Thank you. Lots of love, Amy Arnaz