View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 12:20
Default Re: Speaking of overcharging . . .

Originally Posted by bows4mgirls View Post
Ok maybe I'm the only one here that will say this but I say good for her. If she has the market and people are paying then Cheers! Its a business and she is in this to make money. There is a market for every price range and she probably has her own that can afford what she charges.

The flip side is too many "undercharge" and are not covering site fees, payapl fees, shipping expenses, labor, etc. I see so often on sites like Etsy/Ebay cheap cheap prices and wonder how the heck its even worth it. $1.00 or $2.00 for a bow and statements that read: "I don't overcharge because I love what I do and want your daughter to wear pretty things" I think ..what?? give me a break... its a business and I for one am not working to keep money in other people's pockets, I need money in my own pocket. If I wanted just to give other mom's a break and not make money at this I would just make it a hobby.

EXACTLY!!!! No price is too high if you have a customer for it, to be honest.

I have sold simple basic bows for $40 because I gave the customer that price for various reasons, one was because I didn't like the lady and didn't want to make bows for her, well she ordered 3! Of course I took it, then a friend of hers wanted 2 and I sold those for the same price.

As a business major I say if she can sell them for $100 then go for it.

I make Swarovski rhinestone shirts and where I live I sell them for $40 - $60 a piece with no problem. You just mention the word Swarovski here and it's like saying Tiffany's. These ladies know quality so the price doesn't surprise them, they feel they are buying high quality, which they are if I made it.

I make baby bracelets, rings, etc with Swarovski beads and those sell good for me.

I sell these rings for $30 - $50 and I always have people ordering them.

Women are too giving, we undercharge way too often.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ring.jpg (62.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg ring2.jpg (59.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg ring3.jpg (22.0 KB, 22 views)
Sponsored Links