View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 11:42
Default Re: Pixie Tutu Instructions

Originally Posted by s_hernandez402 View Post
I understand your concern about "your" design. I have designed the fabric sunflower and others have created something similar and has it posted for free on the web. We are all creative and may get the same ideas as others during different times without know they thought them up. I think everything is unique in there own way. Not two people can create the same thing exactly the same. I honestly think its a waste of time to go around and hound every single person who copies "your" tutu. If you are confident in your work I wouldn't be bothered because people will find you and buy from you if they are well made and worth it. Life"s to short to be the tutu police. And I have other tutu instructions and I do recall the set I have has a layered tutu in it also and she's been selling longer than 3years. You may not have been the first but all in all its not worth the DRAMA to get worked up over.
I totally agree with all that you said! When I thought I had the rights to be the sole producer of the item, I chose to contact Monique and discuss it with her. Once I realized that I had no legal claim to it, I totally let it go! My only intention here was to point out to those who ask others not to copy their stuff, that they shouldn't copy someone else's either. Everyone can make them! And I'm sure everyone will add their own twist and style to it, too! I'm definitely not trying to be the tutu police (anymore )! I'm not going around "hounding" anyone! And I'm by no means "worked up" over it! I didn't ask anyone not to make it, I didn't ask anyone not to sell it, and I certainly didn't ask the maker of the tutorial not to show others how to make it! I'm completely over it! :-)
Sponsored Links