View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 11:22
Default How to make ribbon shirt

I think I'm going to start a new thread about the ribbon shirt. The original thread is:<WBR>/forums/showthread.php?t=104

I got this instruction long time ago from a member of the yahoo group I'm in. Her name is Meagan. I emailed her for permission to post her instruction here but that email account was closed. I think I'll post it here and if meagan knows this thread and don't want it posted, I'll remove the thread.

Here is Meagan's instruction:

These are not professional but the shirts are pretty easy and you can always email me for help.
HEre it goes.
I take a t shirt ( I get them from Walmart)
Then open the seam on the inside with a seam ripper on each side about 2 inches.
Then use Wonder under (get at walmart in fabric dept.) to keep the ribbon from moving when you sew.
I take my ribbon and cut it at least an inch too long on each end. Apply wonder under ( they have directions on it)
Then apply the ribbon to shirt via directions from wonder under. Then I close the seam from the inside. I straight stitch it first and then zig zag the edges.
On the outside top stitch the ribbon on shirt.Use a staight stitch.
make bow and attach with safety pin from inside (so it doesn't show)
If you have any questions let me know thanks

*** Like this article? Help spread the word so that more people can benefit from it! Thank you.
*** Sign up free to view hair clip instructions--ladybug, butterfly, dragonfly...... Click the links for details

Sponsored Links