View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 04:33
Default Re: Sending out a picture SOS!!!

Originally Posted by briellasnana View Post
My hubby was given a Sony Cybershot, years ago, when they were selling for 500.00 each, from work. We hated it, I mean hated it! Our little Canon that was only a 3.1 meg pix at the time took 100% better pictures!

Ok, until I get a light box and a dslr, I pretend! lol
This is what I do. The sun faces our living room window. I pull open the blind, not just turn them, pull them up.
I take a piece of large poster board, put something large, like a box behind it and let it curve. Then I put something infront of it, so it won't slide back down. Then I turn off my flash, put it on macro and make sure my body is not casting a shadow on the poster board.
There is really only about an hour or two, that is perfect to take pictures, which is about 10 Am, in Arizona.
The picture looks sorta like it was done with a light box, but isn't.
I like a tiny bit of shadowing, softens the picture. Then I crop it and brighten it up some. This little daisy has not been edited, so you can see what the shadowing does on the edges.
Taking pictures outside too, works great! NO flash, is best.
Gosh---that pic looks GREAT!!!!!! I'm going to "pretend" and do that, too!!! Looks just like it's made with a light box!!