View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 02:17
Default Re: got a cricut!!!!

Originally Posted by momof3girls123 View Post
I had an Expression and SCAL. You have to be very careful with SCAL. I downloaded it and all kinds of fonts and svgs from different Scal friendly sites last year. Then I found a site that was Scal friendly and had free files. Well it turns out it was actually Provocraft. They are tired of SCAL users and they invented a virus/bug that your cricut machine will read and then short out from. After my Expression died, I sent it into Provocraft to get it fixed and they wanted $300 to fix it because I violated the warranty by using SCAL. I tried to deny using Scal but they knew I had because of the virus.
This is very interesting to say the least. If they admitted to you they planted a virus specifically to ruin your machine, I'd think they'd have just made themselves liable for replacing it.
I posted this information in your note on the SCAL users group on yahoo and boy oh boy is there a lot of people that have a lot to say about this. No one has ever heard of this so they are very interested in this.
Depending on who there wants to investigate this I may be contacting you to get more information.
Jenni in CA