View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 07:22
Default Re: got a cricut!!!!

Originally Posted by JenniCA View Post
You will love it. If you get the Sure Cuts Alot program then you can plug your Cricut into your computer and cut ANYTHING! You don't need those expensive cartridges. I use my cricut so much more now. The cartridges are SO expensive.
There are literally thousands of SVG files online for free.
Not to mention the fonts.
Cricuts are so much fun!!
I had an Expression and SCAL. You have to be very careful with SCAL. I downloaded it and all kinds of fonts and svgs from different Scal friendly sites last year. Then I found a site that was Scal friendly and had free files. Well it turns out it was actually Provocraft. They are tired of SCAL users and they invented a virus/bug that your cricut machine will read and then short out from. After my Expression died, I sent it into Provocraft to get it fixed and they wanted $300 to fix it because I violated the warranty by using SCAL. I tried to deny using Scal but they knew I had because of the virus. I still don't understand the whole thing behind the virus so I hope I'm explaining it right. SCAL is awesome and I still use it with my baby bug, I'm just more aware now and I only use fonts or svgs that I make or purchase. I love my Cricut but I refuse to pay the outrageous prices for the cartridges. Just a heads up!
on another note: I still have vinyl for sale and/or trade!