View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 09:09
Default Urgh! My bows keep coming off the clip!

Am I the only one who has trouble with their glue gun holding up? This is not the first time I have brought up this issue. But, I am having serious trouble with my bows staying attached to my lined clips. Most of the time, I can pull them off pretty easily and have to re-glue them at least once. I was using "multi" temp glue sticks that I bought at Walmart. I thought that maybe that was the problem and bought some that said they were specifically "high" temp at Hobby Lobby. I was still having problems. So, then I even bought a new glue gun, hoping this would help. This is what I bought:
But, I am having the same problem! It seems to just be with ribbon to ribbon gluing that is an issue. I don't have problems with ribbon coming off my lined clips or with flowers that I have glued to lined clips. Also, I am making sure the glue is good and hot before I use it. I usually let it heat up for at least 30 minutes before I use it. I am getting seriously frustrated! I keep having to add more glue and then the back of my bow doesn't look as neat as I would like. What could be the problem? Do I need an even higher temp glue gun? Mine is 20 watt, but I saw some that were 40 watt. Also, I am using mainly YAMA ribbon, which has a sheen to it. Is this the source of the problem?

Added pics to show how I do it. I completely glued the clip to the bow (Pic 2). You can see in Pic 4 what I am talking about. I can pull on the bow and separate it from the clip. It won't completely come off, but the bow can be separated from the clip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_6911.jpg (51.5 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6913.jpg (57.5 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6914.jpg (43.7 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6916.jpg (47.4 KB, 199 views)

Last edited by mytwogirls; 03-10-2010 at 09:46. Reason: Adding pics
Sponsored Links
ecommerce web hosting