View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 08:43
Default Re: How to - Bow cards

Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
I make my own cards from from 8 1/2 by 11 cardstock, printed on my home computer. I purchased 1 package of 150 sheets of plain white carstock at Wal Mart for something like $5 and I'm still using it. I do more clippies & small bows rather than big bows, so I get more than 4cards out of each sheet (usually 8 or 9 - I use different sizes of cards for the various sizes of clippies/bows I sell so that each "fills" the card nicely). Some bows are a bit bigger than the card and hang off a bit, but that doesn't bother me. I cut them apart with a regular guillotine paper cutter and cut slits with an exacto knife or punch holes with a long-reach hole punch. It does take a bit of time but I like the convenience of always having a ready supply of cards, and cards that show each style of clip to best advantage. They are simple - only my name/logo, style of clip and contact info - but CHEAP - less than a penny a piece, including the cost of ink.

I created my card template in MS Office Word, using fonts I liked (no graphic on mine, although I could paste one in) in a tabular format. It's not difficult if you have the right font. I noticed you use "Curlz" font so I've attached a Word document with 4 cards per sheet (although you'll have to have Curlz font on your computer to read it). See if it works???

It worked, that is cool lol. I am going to fool around with it tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Thanks so much everyone for all your input and ideas. Once I figure something out i'll post pics so you guys can see.