View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 09:59
Default Re: Twisted Boutiques are ruining my life :P

Originally Posted by gcpom02 View Post
It looks like you might be sewing it wrong for starters, see where the top is coming down? It shouldn't do that. I'm gonna go take a couple pics as I do it and I'll be right back. Give me 10 minutes!
I do see where the top comes down and that it doesn't look like it does in the pictures of how it is supposed to look.

Originally Posted by gcpom02 View Post
well, darnit my kids woke up so it might be awhile till I can get this together! But if you use a templete, do you put a pin in the center when you slide it off and twist it? It kind of looks like your loops are getting moved at some point. I also never use a gator bite, I find that just a regular alligator clip is good enough for me! I start twisting with just the pin in the center and once i get it almost complete I put the little clip on there and perfect it. On the back of your bow--before you sew--are the two ribbons going across (horizontal) completely straight across and not tilted one way or another at all? They need to be completely straight! Also you have to move the ribbon that match up with the ends together--if that makes sense?--you have to make sure that they are completely matched up, not off like they are in your pic. Those are the most important tips.
I do use the "no go" templates and I put a pin in the center, but my pin never seems to stay straight up and down when I'm trying to pull my's going off to one side or the other for some reason no matter how hard I try to keep it straight through the ribbon. When you say move the ribbon to match up with the ends do you mean those little "tails" have to stay "inline" with the ribbon loops? Thanks for the tips. I will try, try again. I hope that lightbulb goes off in my head soon because this is the most frustrating bow I have tried to make yet. I thank you and everyone for the help all the help you are offering.