View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 06:47
Default Re: Skinny headbands

Originally Posted by allstarcheergirl View Post
I should've just gone there. I went to Joanns and got some for $0.39 per yard for both the 1/8" and 1/4". There were a bunch of different kinds and they had white, cream/khaki, and black. I got one 1/8" that said "soft stretch baby elastic", one 1/4" "knit elastic" and one 1/4" "braided elastic". They had some flowers there too, not sure if it is the kind you all are getting? I think they were called flower bushes and they're 1/2 off right now for their 3 day sale. I got 2 big bouquet-type things with a bunch of little flowers for $2.50 each. (See attached pics). Will these work? Do you just pull the flower off and glue it on the elastic, and do you just sew the ends of the elastic together? I saw some flowers that seem to be attached to a stem so would I just cut it off as close to the stem as possible, but it wouldn't really work to glue the little stem to the elastic would it?
lol i just got back from there and bought both of those same exact flowers! I am trying to dye some pink elastic now-I think I saw the white in the brown from it being so dark, but it's not as noticeable in a lighter dye